How Not to Forget Song Lyrics and Nail Your Performance
It happens even to the best of us, we forget song lyrics in the middle of a performance in spite of constant singing practice. I can just imagine how embarrassing it is, but sometimes it is inevitable for both amateurs and professional singers to forget the lyrics, especially if they try so hard to focus on showcasing their best singing vocal technique up on stage and neglect the other key elements in a successful performance.
But there are many other reasons why singers forget the lyrics of the song. One could be stage fright, which is common to many amateur singers. Second could be the condition of utter forgetfulness. Third could be lack of practice. So how then can you overcome forgetting song lyrics?
Learn how to sing well with these handy tips, without forgetting the song lyrics:
• Read and go over the words in your song in short bursts, which are rather deemed way effective than cramming and memorizing it up in several hours.
• Write down important notes on the song’s imagery and theme.
• Record yourself singing and speaking the lyrics.
• Speak and sing the song’s rhythm.
• Either type or write the words while repeating them.
• Associate the foreign words in the song with the ones you already know.
• Study the words carefully while trying to play a practice track during odd jobs or while in the car.
• Study the lyrics of the song in reverse order. Last verse is first and then go over the words several times of the day.
• As a singing practice, go through the song every day, including speaking the words out loud.
• Make use of humorous, vibrant, exaggerated symbols and images that would help you correlate with the words in the song in case you forget it. Put these singing images together to create a journey during the song.
• Learn by heart the words of the song even without music. Later, put the word